During the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, anyone planning to visit any of the events or meetings displayed on this page is well advised to consult with the event/meeting concerned for the latest update, as cancellations, temporary closures and postponements are in effect, some at short notice.
Ontario Model Railway Show and Event Calendar
- TO SHOW ORGANIZERS: I am happy to provide this page as a contribution to the hobby, but I DO RELY ON YOU to let me know about your forthcoming event. If you don't see your show listed, please do get in touch with me and I will be glad to add it.
Updates and corrections are also welcomed.
- TO ENQUIRERS: If you need more info or want to book a table, PLEASE CONTACT THE SHOW CONCERNED. I only list the shows!
- For year-round/seasonal events/displays, toy, hobby and collectible shows that include trains, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
- For general information; disclaimer; changes of location, names, dates and times - please scroll to the bottom of this page.
COViD 19 ZOOM/VIRTUAL MEETINGS
The Platelayers' Society is holding ZOOM meetings. The next meeting is to be determined. Members only. For more information, please contact platelayers at gmail dot org.
- The UK-based Hornby Dublo Dreams Facebook group is holding periodic ZOOM meetings. Participants from Canada need to be sure to check for the right time zone. It seems that one doesn't have have H-D to join in, but the discussion focuses on the UK prototype.
- Burlington Model Railway Club Open Houses and Viewing Sessions
- Canadian Railway Historical Association (CRHA) - Niagara Division: Monthly Wednesday Meetings & Sharing of Railway Images. St. Catharines, Ontario Museum, Lock 3, 1932 Welland Canal Parkway. Meetings start at 7:00 PM and conclude at 9:30 PM.
- Elgin County Railway Museum (St. Thomas, Ont.) opening hours and special events throughout the year.
- Golden Horseshoe Live Steamers (Hamilton, Ont.) "public run days" and events open to the public
- Guelph Historical Railway Association. All meetings are at the Co-operator’s Building, 136 MacDonell Street, Guelph ON N1H 6P8. Ring buzzer by the door and say “Here for the Railway Meeting”. Meetings are held on Monday evenings 12 months of the year and start at 7:30 pm. Info: Steve Host (519) 836 -7186 or (paste into your email program) Steve@Hotovsky.net
- London Model Railway Group Schedule of Open Houses and Events
- Niagara Railway Museum has shows and events throughout the year.
- St. Jacobs & Aberfoyle Jct. Model Railway - Year-Round Schedule
- Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo Railway Historical Society has Spring and Fall meetings.
- Upper Canada Railway Society - Hamilton Chapter holds monthly meetings at the Peoples Church, 510 Mohawk Road West, Hamilton, ON L9C 1X4 on the fourth Friday of each month (except July and August). For more information please contact Bryant Barbour at (paste into your email program) firstname.lastname@example.org (Note: Bryce Lee, who was the other contact, passed away on February 16, 2019.)
- Waterloo Central Railway sponsors special events throughout the operating season.
- Windsor Model Railroad Club holds weekly meetings Tuesday 5.30 to 8.30 pm 2nd floor Market Square, 2109 Ottawa St., Windsor, Ont. N8Y 3K7.
- York-Durham Heritage Railway features special events throughout the operating season.
CHANGE of location/name/date/time/event INFORMATION:
The former Toronto Model Railroad Flea Market is now the Mississauga Model Railroad Flea Market, and in 2021 will hold its Fall market in December.
The former Brampton Model Railway show is now the "Greater Toronto Train Show".
The George's Railview Model Railway Club is now the Railview Historical Society.
The Hamilton-Ancaster Model Train Shows will open at 9.30 am and close at 2.30 pm.
The Montreal Model Train Exposition has moved to Kirkland.
The traditional Cobourg and Picton shows are no more.
The Guelph Model Railway Society has moved its annual show from Saturday to Sunday.
The Bowmanville Model Railroad Flea Market has moved to the Garnet B. Rickard Recreation Complex at 2440 Highway 2.
The Nottawasaga Model Railway Auction has moved to the Royal Canadian Legion, 490 Ontario Street, Collingwood.
SHOWS AND EVENTS - GENERAL:
- This page publicizes Ontario shows according to their known scheduling, but I will gladly accept notices for shows in other provinces on request.
- All information is obtained from show organizers, show flyers, sponsoring club websites, Facebook notices, or from Branchline magazine.
- All information is transcribed "Errors & Omissions Excepted". While every care is taken, no responsibility is assumed for errors or unreported changes. Because of Covid-19, the situation is very fluid, and there are cancellations, meeting closures and postponements, often at short notice.
- Updates, additions and corrections are welcomed.
- All events require children to be accompanied by an adult.
- Shows usually open at 10 am, but those for Open Houses, Flea Markets, Meets, Auctions and Tours may vary. In the case of two-day shows, the Sunday closing time is shown, but in the case of some two-day shows, the Saturday hours may be an hour or half-an-hour longer.
- Mobility access:
Model railway shows are usually held in a public building, i.e., an exhibition/community hall or a school. For public buildings, mobility access is as prescribed by law.
Some shows, and flea markets and open houses may be held on private property, e.g., in a church hall/basement or club quarters.
Similarly, layout tours are by definition in private homes.
It is recommended that you use the contact information provided with each event to ascertain what restrictions may apply.