This website provides:
- Information updates about My four railway history Books.
- Information (casual and in-depth) for railway history researchers: Ontario Railway History and a gallery of Ontario railway stations, Ontario Railway Station Museums; and general Railway History Research, including extensive newspaper research, Timetables and summaries of various Canadian railways.
- Links to past copies of Newsletters:
CRHA Canadian Rail - Bytown Railway Society (Branchline) - Upper Canada Railway Society
- Information about the model railway hobby: Drop-down menu Railway Modelling.
- A visit to my 3-rail Hornby-Dublo layout with some tips and thoughts.
- A visit to my Information Hub of Toy Train and Model Railway Tracks, which includes pages for track identification and others.
- A summary of Trains on TV and Screen.
- An album of Railway and Traction Thematic Postage Stamps
- Useful links to railway history-related, rail trail, railway modelling and general information websites.
- A visit to my N scale Eagle Lake & Northern Railway
And if you would like some nostalgic branchline steam sound for ambience, click the play button on the player below!
Featured Ontario Railway Station
Charles Cooper had many friends in the rail fan and railway history community, and it was with great sadness we learned of his passing on February 13, 2023.
Charles was best known for his books and meticulous railway history research, and his passing along of these rich resources through his website.
Following his death, wife Andrea and stepson Adam have continued Charles’ wish of keeping this website alive. It remains a fantastic resource for researchers of both Ontario and Canadian Railway history, and continues to host Charles’ model railway pages.
Railway Preservation Projects (Ontario)
The South Simcoe Railway is a shortline railway owned and operated by the South Simcoe Railway Heritage Corp., a non-profit volunteer historical association, which depends on ticket sales and donations to cover the costs of operations. Download a membership brochure here.
The York-Durham Heritage Railway operates seasonal trains and events between Uxbridge and Stouffville, Ontario. As do all heritage railways, it welcomes financial and volunteer support. Download a membership brochure here.
The Waterloo Central Railway is a shortline railway owned and operated by the Southern Ontario Locomotive Society. It operates seasonal trains and events between Waterloo and Elmira, Ontario. For more information, please go to the website.
The GTR Burlington Freeman (Ont.) station is a restoration project of the Friends of the Freeman Station who welcome volunteers to help the work along.
The Northern Ontario Railroad Museum and Heritage Centre (Capreol, Ontario) asks for support with particular reference to the restoration of T&NO steam locomotive #219. Please click here for a vitual tour, and here for more details about the Museum's restoration projects. To donate, please use this form.
The Searchmont Station Preservation & Historical Society is raising funds with the aim of restoring this station (on the CN Soo Subdivision [former Algoma Central Railway].)